I had to share the following from a post I read today.
In the book, Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow, she speaks of a missionary woman she knew. This lady lived in Africa, in a mud hut. And Linda said she was one of the most content people she had ever met. She asked the missionary woman for her secret to contentment and this was her response:
1. Never allow yourself to complain about anything, not even the weather.
2. Never picture yourself in a different circumstance or someplace else.
3. Never compare your lot with the lot of another.
4. Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
5. Never dwell on tomorrow. Remember it is God’s, and not ours.
And, to this I would add,
6. Choose to be thankful for exactly where you are and exactly what you have.